Welcome to the PCC Webinar Series
The Steering Committee for the Michigan Pre-College and Youth Outreach Conference is happy to continue our webinar series. Events are limited to the first 500 attendees who register.
Join us for a panel discussion on Thursday, February 24 at 1:00 PM (EST). Topics include factors of planning and executing in-person programming during the COVID-19 pandemic. Audience Q&A will follow.
- MODERATOR Dr. Barry Hall Assistant Director Charter Through College Programs Grand Valley State University
- PANELIST Cassy Tefft de Muñoz Director Center for Educational Outreach Michigan Technological University
- PANELIST Michael Turner Associate Director Center for Educational Outreach University of Michigan
Join us on Wednesday, March 30 at 1:00 PM (EST) for a virtual lunch hour hosted by Grand Valley State University, Michigan State University, and the University of Michigan. Don’t miss this opportunity to network with other Michigan-based pre-college professionals and discuss the weird and wacky stresses and joys we are all experiencing right now. The following conversation topics will be presented to audience members in the form of breakout rooms (cohort style):
- Being Authentic in the Virtual Space – Learning more about taking the Pulse Check of the room and how to navigate the difficult topics with peers, teams, and students with authenticity to make others feel seen.
- Coping with COVID – The group will share their thoughts about pre-college planning during this time and what has helped them cope with the uncertainty. Then we will discuss ideas and resources for programming in the future.
- Finding the Fun – This will be a space for getting to know each other and networking through fun methods that you can learn to use in your own programs! Prizes will be included!
Past Events Include:
Technology for Outreach & Student Engagement
With BGSU & U-M Ann Arbor
Recording & Resources coming soon.
April 22, 2021 10:00 – 11:30 AM EST
Come learn from your BGSU & U-M colleagues about new and engaging tools for your pre-college programs and how to run meaningful virtual programs for K-12 students!
Generation “Z” Learns Book Discussion
With Dr. Corey Seemiller
March 25, 2021, 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
Join us for a virtual roundtable with Dr. Corey Seemiller for a book discussion on Generation “Z” Learns. Get the Gen Z Learns book today for $6.99 on Amazon Kindle! NOTE: This webinar was not be recorded.
Check out the Strategies for Sanity: Preventing Burnout and Managing Stress webinar!
With Paul Wesselmann – The Ripples Guy
February 16, 2021, 10:30 – 11:30 PM EST
Even people who love their work can (and do!) burn out if their lives are not in balance. Of course, “in balance” means different things to different people and so we are going to approach stress and burnout management from a different perspective. Once we recognize that we all have limits on our time, energy and passion we can learn to set boundaries that help us maximize our resources. We will also explore a quick assessment to demonstrate our strengths and weaknesses in creating a balanced life.